Saturday 2 June 2012

Marathon training log June 2

I have not really written anything on my log as I have been ill with a chest infection, that has set me back a bit. I could not run the Manchester 10 k this was a big disappointment as I was to meet the team of the rainbow childrens charity who I am running for.

The other day was really my first big training run since the Liverpool half marathon, it was raining but better than running in the heat and I cover 8.5 miles and got lost on the way following the diversions for the cars as the pavement was closed, not really knowing where I was going , hence the extra .5 of a mile. My next run will be on Wednesday and is 10 miles. So here I go I am not the fastest runner in the world, rather the slowest so it,s like a day trip as the miles are added on. I most get a Tee shirt from the Rainbow group as I spend so long on the open road its good promtion and raising awrness for them.

I have been very demotivated in my training in the gym, I seem to be doing the same thing over and over again by myself and I know I need to start to get in to shape, i have learnt that the body adaptes so constant change is needed. I have written out three programmes myself and I hope I will be ok.

So this week its core today, lower body strentgh on Sunday, rest Monday and Tues and run Wednesday. gym Thursday and so on.

Core will be a good helping of my PT 8 repeated exercise with a count of 20 for rest. This is pretty intense. Added to a balance regium and versa. All done in an inteveral. Mostly I have too admit that when I say I have written out my programm I have actually barrowed my PT exercises and anyway when I do see him I can say see I do them better. Not sure what he would think of my programms but I reackon I made a good attempt.

Yesterday was spin that was a killer, some women talk in this class I am not sure how I am always sweaty and out of breath and look like something the cat dragged in afterwords, well actually before too, just worse afterwords. They most be very fit I am guessing. I have lost a lot of weight this week surprising.

I had a big chat with my PT and I am doing a longside this some muscle stregth , buliding exercise , but its all in the diet so I have a new diet which I am starting today. I am not sure when we start the exercise part that is with Mr PT and I have no PT book next week. Very excited about this. But lets not lose sight of the real issue I am doing this for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment